1/20/11 Windows Preparing To Configure Windows
Last Night All our Win 7 Machines did an update and this am asked for a restart, once we restarted the systems they all have been stuck at the Preparing To Configure Windows Screen for over 6 hrs, I could understand 1, but so far we have 6 systems doing
this, we are a fraid to do the rest due to this issue, any thoughts or suggestions? It maybe the SP1 that I have heard about but im unsure.
Any help would be great - These machines are IT Tech Machines too - We are lost without them.
Thank you - Chuck
Visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy.
If you are having issues
with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
Use the System File Checker tool to repair - 1/20/11 Windows Preparing To Configure Windows
sfc is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash.
If You are Running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
- Start an elevated command prompt. To do this, do the following as your appropriate:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
Windows vista, Windows 7, or Windows 10
After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
- To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or press Allow.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- sfc /scannow
- The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
- Attention: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.
Remove malware in your computer system - 1/20/11 Windows Preparing To Configure Windows
It's possible that your error may be caused by a computer malware in your system. Those PC malware can damage, modify or even remove your files like 1/20/11 Windows Preparing To Configure Windows. Moreover, it's also possible that this 1/20/11 Windows Preparing To Configure Windows problem is fabricated by the malware to frighten and coax you into purchasing its fake products. You can download an anti-virus utility to wipe them out. I recommend Norton. I have used it for over ten years and I know it can also help you.
Recommended Solution to Fix This Error: 1/20/11 Windows Preparing To Configure Windows
What People Say: (About 1/20/11 Windows Preparing To Configure Windows)
Yay! My GTA 5 works again. So happy I was able to fix it with your software.
by Nick Medina Sep.12th